1. Spent the weekend with the Ambassador
. Very nice. Snuggles, pizza, video games, kisses, leftover Jambalaya...all in all, an utterly kickass weekend.
2. And Monday and Tuesday morning. Then I got back on Tuesday afternoon and it was raining too hard to really do anything other than paint a boat and draw a bunch.
3. Found out last night that one of the guys I used to RP a bit with online died. He was a US solidier killed in one of our troop hospitals by some other guy who started shooting up the place. I didn't really know him well enough to grieve, but it was still a nasty shock. There's a whole online forum grieving for him and for the stories he'll never tell with them now.
4. On a lighter note, this Holmes movie? YES. I can forgive them raping canon (canon was always fun but oddly executed and less fun for the reader than it would have been if Holmes revealed the clues he was collecting anyway), so long as there's no ACTUAL vampires and it's all a hoax that Holmes disproves. Please don't let there be actual vampires...
5. Today (Wednesday) has been spent helping move furniture in the morning, taking advantage of continuing rain (it hasn't stopped in like a billion hours) not to paint anything and draw and read and write.
6. Read the Compass of Terrestrial Directions: The West. Conclusion? It is fun to say "Ng hut." Seriously. Try it. Ng hut ng hut ng hut!
6a. Also Leviathan really REALLY needs to get laid.
7. Added a calendar to my Living Exalted spreadsheet, am beginning to populate it with seasonal events like the Denzik trade routes or Immaculate holidays. Am going to be setting up an LJ community sometime this summer to facilitate my "Alumni-NPCs" experiment, because I know I can't reliably get ahold of you all within a short interval of each other by many other means. Besides, it seemed to work well for getting basic announcements out for the LARP STs.
8. Refrigerator is not running. Easy to catch, not so good for cooling of food. Food is now moved out to the cooler out back. I don't like having to walk outside to get a glass of milk.
9. Dinner is chicken. Two chickens. I'm sauteeing the livers with garlic and butter. Delicious.
10. Our rice is riddled with insects. No rice with the chicken.
11. Cold rainy day+Fireplace+Exalted Books= Generally happy-awesome day.